Thank you for your interest in Southgate at Shrewsbury where we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
At Southgate, which includes our Hampton Suites assisted living division, we offer all employees a unique set of benefits including competitive pay, a match to your 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, a beautiful campus, and a family-like environment.
When working full-time at Southgate, employee benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 6 paid holidays
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
Current Job Openings
Full Time Salary Position- Flexible Hours
We are adding to our Resident Services Team! The Resident Liaison is a very rewarding job for the person who wants to make a difference in the lives of our seniors. As our Resident Liaison you will offer support and guidance to Residents and their family members, assist them with their moving plans, help our Residents with orientation to the community, troubleshoot to resolve their service issues, and provide resources to support them through life’s transitions. In keeping with our Team Work philosophy, the Resident Liaison will work in unison to support the Marketing Department by conducting general tours of the community, when needed, and assist with group projects.
The right candidate must have compassion and respect for our Residents, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion. This position reports to the Director of Resident Services and Executive Management. Candidates with CCRC experience are encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with the senior population, ideally in an Independent and Assisted living community.
- Basic Computer Skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in related field is preferred.
The team at Southgate at Shrewsbury is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician. This will be a hands-on working position. Under the direction of the Facilities Management, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance work. Responsibilities include the upkeep of the buildings, grounds and equipment, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and safety/security systems on campus. We are looking for Full Time days but will consider Part Time
Full Time: Days with a rotating evening shift until 8pm
Part Time: Afternoon and evening hours until 8pm.
After-hours and weekends, as needed. On Call responsibilities shared with department staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Installs, maintains and repairs appliances, performs minor plumbing repairs, and performs carpentry and painting as assigned.
- Assists with the preparation and completion of apartments under renovation.
- Monitors mechanical systems by maintaining and performing repairs to the heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Completes maintenance service requests, special projects and other duties as assigned by Management
- Performs tasks related to Preventative Maintenance Programs.
- Performs grounds work as needed, which includes snow and ice removal, trash pickup, sweeping, etc. This may require before and after hours, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
- Responsible for alerting the Facilities Manager and/or Supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that may have taken place or that may occur.
- Comply with safety standards set by company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Works as part of a team cooperating on many projects.
- Deals courteously with residents, staff members, fellow employees and contractors.
- Follow Bill of Resident Rights in accordance with the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
- Demonstrated hands-on construction or building maintenance experience, preferably in a property management/development setting.
- Ability to go up and down stairs to multiple floors to perform assessments and make repairs/improvements.
- Ability to do heavy lifting.
- Reliable personal vehicle for transportation of self.
- Ability to works evenings, weekends or holidays, as needed.
- Computer skills with level of proficiency in MS Word, and Excel.
Full Time Cafe Cook
At Southgate at Shrewsbury, we strive to make a real difference in the lives of our Residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values, this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
The role of the Cafe cook is to prepare consistent culinary enjoyment for our residents, guests, and employees. Guest satisfaction revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The Cafe cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in all areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up stations according to guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Executive Chef.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, or by Management at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Food Handlers permit required.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Minimum 2 years in Senior Living Community or other like business, preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Full Time Custodian
Southgate at Shrewsbury is looking for FT Custodian Flexibility needed, weekends, and some holidays required.
The Custodian position is responsible for performing basic and routine cleaning of the community. It may also include care for the surrounding grounds of the properties, basic repairs and painting as well as setting up for special events in the evening. This position will also help with snow removal.
The right candidate will be someone who is honest, organized, able to multi-task and who works well with people, both co-workers and residents. Must have a positive attitude, ability to take directions from a Supervisor, and be a highly motivated individual. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Competitive salary and benefit package that includes paid holidays, sick and vacation time.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Hampton Suites is looking for a 3 -11 CNA
As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you will report all changes in resident’s conditions to the Nurse Supervisor review assignments every day to determine if changes have been made and ensure that all daily hygiene care is provided in privacy to protect residents’ dignity. As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you must be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic. It is also important that you cooperate with your colleagues to maintain strong employee, interdepartmental and public relations as well as superb customer service, as well as a supportive team member who cooperates with all personnel to provide great resident care.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Work well with seniors, showing understanding and patience.
- Answer resident calls as quickly as possible including emergency call lights and respond appropriately in a timely fashion
- Log all Southgate Residents emergency calls.
- Note any changes in eating habits.
- Assist residents to dress and undress.
- Help residents with hair and nail care.
- Prepare residents for meals and serve food trays.
- Provide assistance with ADL’s and IADL’s to Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Receive and give report to on-coming and off-going shifts by oral and written log.
- Inform supervisor of changes in a Resident’s condition and needs. Document these observations thoroughly in the Communication Log Book and communicate verbally to the other staff.
- Follow Hampton Suites Self-Administered Medication Management Policy.
- Perform dining room duties and assist resident to and from dining room if needed.
- Assist resident to and from activities if needed.
- Perform light housekeeping duties and maintain a neat and professional environment.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Assist relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Valid CNA license or current certification as a nursing
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and carry such weight at least 25 feet.
- Ability to pass Assisted Living In-service Training and Job Skills Evaluation by a nurse, prior to servicing Hampton Suites Residents.
- Complete and pass Skills Evaluation by a nurse upon hire and every 6 months henceforth.
- Strong team player skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills required.
We are currently seeking an outgoing person to join our team as a Hair Stylist. This is a part-time, professional position for someone with experience working with the senior population to cut hair; shampoo, condition and rinse hair; provide services such as conditioning, permanent waving, straightening and tinting; dry and style; shave and trim beards and moustaches; provide basic manicures and other salon services. The position is 16 hours/week with flexibility regarding days and hours.
or mail to:
Cheryl Bacon, Human Resource Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Southgate at Shrewsbury is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.