At Southgate at Shrewsbury, we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
At Southgate, which includes our Hampton Suites assisted living division, we offer all employees a unique set of benefits which includes competitive pay, a match to your 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, a beautiful campus, and a family-like environment.
When working full-time at Southgate, the full list of employee benefits includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Health and Dental insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
Current Job Openings
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Hampton Suites is looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant EOW
As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you will report all changes in resident’s conditions to the Nurse Supervisor review assignments every day to determine if changes have been made and ensure that all daily hygiene care is provided in privacy to protect residents’ dignity. As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you must be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic. It is also important that you cooperate with your colleagues to maintain strong employee, interdepartmental and public relations as well as superb customer service, as well as a supportive team member who cooperates with all personnel to provide great resident care.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Work well with seniors, showing understanding and patience.
- Answer resident calls as quickly as possible including emergency call lights and respond appropriately in a timely fashion
- Log all Southgate Residents emergency calls.
- Note any changes in eating habits.
- Assist residents to dress and undress.
- Help residents with hair and nail care.
- Prepare residents for meals and serve food trays.
- Provide assistance with ADL’s and IADL’s to Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Receive and give report to on-coming and off-going shifts by oral and written log.
- Inform supervisor of changes in a Resident’s condition and needs. Document these observations thoroughly in the Communication Log Book and communicate verbally to the other staff.
- Follow Hampton Suites Self-Administered Medication Management Policy.
- Perform dining room duties and assist resident to and from dining room if needed.
- Assist resident to and from activities if needed.
- Perform light housekeeping duties and maintain a neat and professional environment.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Assist relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Valid CNA license or current certification as a nursing
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and carry such weight at least 25 feet.
- Ability to pass Assisted Living In-service Training and Job Skills Evaluation by a nurse, prior to servicing Hampton Suites Residents.
- Complete and pass Skills Evaluation by a nurse upon hire and every 6 months henceforth.
- Strong team player skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills required.
Holidays and weekends maybe be necessary
The Housekeeper is responsible for keeping the community clean and safe for residents, staff and visitors, as well as being responsible for cleaning resident apartments.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor
- Follows standards and practices for the use of specific chemicals and is familiar with emergency procedures if chemicals are misused
- Thoroughly cleans all assigned resident apartments as scheduled by supervisor
- Cleans bathrooms completely: swabs toilet bowl, cleanses sinks and bathtubs, wipes counter-tops, cleans mirrors, and sterilizes floors
- Vacuums all exposed areas completely, including edges
- Empties and rinses (if necessary) wastebaskets
- Cleans kitchen area completely: wipes counters and under objects, mops kitchen floor
- Washes inside of windows as needed
- Dusts flat surfaces that are uncluttered and demonstrates care of residents’ belongings
- Cleans all common areas according to standards and practices including elevators, halls, landings, stairs, resident activity areas, lobbies, and model units and cleans other flat surfaces as scheduled or requested by supervisor
- Checks and touches up vacant units according to assigned schedule
- Maintains housekeeping carts in a clean and orderly manner
- Maintains the cleanliness of public restrooms
- Represents the community with a positive attitude and pride when interacting with potential residents and families
or mail to:
Cheryl Bacon, Human Resource Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Southgate at Shrewsbury is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.