At Southgate at Shrewsbury, we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
At Southgate, which includes our Hampton Suites assisted living division, we offer all employees a unique set of benefits which includes competitive pay, a match to your 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, a beautiful campus, and a family-like environment.
When working full-time at Southgate, the full list of employee benefits includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Health and Dental insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
Current Job Openings
Full Time and Part Time CNA – Hampton Suites
As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you will report all changes in resident’s conditions to the Nurse Supervisor review assignments every day to determine if changes have been made and ensure that all daily hygiene care is provided in privacy to protect residents’ dignity. As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you must be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic. It is also important that you cooperate with your colleagues to maintain strong employee, interdepartmental and public relations as well as superb customer service, as well as a supportive team member who cooperates with all personnel to provide great resident care.
STARTING RATE $16.25
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Work well with seniors, showing understanding and patience.
- Answer resident calls as quickly as possible including emergency call lights and respond appropriately in a timely fashion
- Log all Southgate Residents emergency calls.
- Note any changes in eating habits.
- Assist residents to dress and undress.
- Help residents with hair and nail care.
- Prepare residents for meals and serve food trays.
- Provide assistance with ADL’s and IADL’s to Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Receive and give report to on-coming and off-going shifts by oral and written log.
- Inform supervisor of changes in a Resident’s condition and needs. Document these observations thoroughly in the Communication Log Book and communicate verbally to the other staff.
- Follow Hampton Suites Self-Administered Medication Management Policy.
- Perform dining room duties and assist resident to and from dining room if needed.
- Assist resident to and from activities if needed.
- Perform light housekeeping duties and maintain a neat and professional environment.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Assist relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Valid CNA license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and carry such weight at least 25 feet.
- Ability to pass Assisted Living In-service Training and Job Skills Evaluation by a nurse, prior to servicing Hampton Suites Residents.
- Complete and pass Skills Evaluation by a nurse upon hire and every 6 months henceforth.
- Strong team player skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills required.
Full Time Maintenance Technician – Southgate at Shrewsbury
The team at Southgate at Shrewsbury is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician. This will be a hands-on working position. Under the direction of the Facilities Management, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance work. Responsibilities include the upkeep of the buildings, grounds and equipment, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and safety/ security systems on campus.
Work Hours: Full Time: Days with a rotating evening shift until 8pm.
After-hours and weekends, as needed. On Call responsibilities shared with department staff.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Installs, maintains and repairs appliances, performs minor plumbing repairs, and performs carpentry and painting as assigned.
- Assists with the preparation and completion of apartments under renovation.
- Monitors mechanical systems by maintaining and performing repairs to the heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Completes maintenance service requests, special projects and other duties as assigned by Management
- Performs tasks related to Preventative Maintenance Programs.
- Performs grounds work as needed, which includes snow and ice removal, trash pickup, sweeping, etc. This may require before and after hours, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
- Responsible for alerting the Facilities Manager and/or Supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that may have taken place or that may occur.
- Comply with safety standards set by company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Works as part of a team cooperating on many projects.
- Deals courteously with residents, staff members, fellow employees and contractors.
- Follow Bill of Resident Rights in accordance with the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
- Demonstrated hands-on construction or building maintenance experience, preferably in a property management/development setting.
- Ability to go up and down stairs to multiple floors to perform assessments and make repairs/improvements.
- Ability to do heavy lifting.
- Reliable personal vehicle for transportation of self.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or holidays, as needed.
- Computer skills with level of proficiency in MS Word, and Excel.
or mail to:
Cheryl Bacon, Human Resource Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Southgate at Shrewsbury is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.