At Southgate at Shrewsbury, we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
At Southgate, which includes our Hampton Suites assisted living division, we offer all employees a unique set of benefits which includes competitive pay, a match to your 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, a beautiful campus, and a family-like environment.
When working full-time at Southgate, the full list of employee benefits includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Health and Dental insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
Current Job Openings
The team at Southgate at Shrewsbury is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician. This will be a hands-on working position. Under the direction of the Facilities Management, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance work. Responsibilities include the upkeep of the buildings, grounds and equipment, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and safety/ security systems on campus.
Work Hours: Full Time: Days with a rotating evening shift until 8pm
After-hours and weekends, as needed. On Call responsibilities shared with department staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (but not limited to):
- Installs, maintains and repairs appliances, performs minor plumbing repairs, and performs carpentry and painting as assigned.
- Assists with the preparation and completion of apartments under renovation.
- Monitors mechanical systems by maintaining and performing repairs to the heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Completes maintenance service requests, special projects and other duties as assigned by Management
- Performs tasks related to Preventative Maintenance Programs.
- Performs grounds work as needed, which includes snow and ice removal, trash pickup, sweeping, etc. This may require before and after hours, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
- Responsible for alerting the Facilities Manager and/or Supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that may have taken place or that may occur.
- Comply with safety standards set by company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Works as part of a team cooperating on many projects.
- Deals courteously with residents, staff members, fellow employees and contractors.
- Follow Bill of Resident Rights in accordance with the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
- Demonstrated hands-on construction or building maintenance experience, preferably in a property management/development setting.
- Ability to go up and down stairs to multiple floors to perform assessments and make repairs/improvements.
- Ability to do heavy lifting.
- Reliable personal vehicle for transportation of self.
- Ability to works evenings, weekends or holidays, as needed.
- Computer skills with level of proficiency in MS Word, and Excel.
or mail to:
Cheryl Bacon, Human Resource Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Southgate at Shrewsbury is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.