At Southgate at Shrewsbury, we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
At Southgate, which includes our Hampton Suites assisted living division, we offer all employees a unique set of benefits which includes competitive pay, a match to your 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, a beautiful campus, and a family-like environment.
When working full-time at Southgate, the full list of employee benefits includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Health and Dental insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
Current Job Openings
CNA’s/HHA’s Full Time or Part Time
As a CNA/HHA, you will work in the beautiful environment of the Hampton Suites assisted living section of central Massachusetts’ premier retirement community – Southgate at Shrewsbury!
Your duties, among others, include reporting all changes in residents’ conditions to the Nurse Supervisor. You will review assignments every day to determine if changes have been made and ensure that all daily hygiene care is provided in privacy to protect residents’ dignity. As a CNA/HHA with Hampton Suites, you must be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic. It is also important that you cooperate with your colleagues to maintain strong employee and interdepartmental relations within Southgate as well as provide superb customer service, and be a supportive team member who cooperates with all personnel to provide great resident care.
Job Experience/ Education/ Licensure:
- Valid CNA license/ HHA certificate
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and carry such weight at least 25 feet.
- Ability to pass Assisted Living In-service Training and Job Skills Evaluation by a nurse, prior to servicing Hampton Suites Residents.
- Complete and pass Skills Evaluation by a nurse upon hire and every 6 months henceforth.
- Strong team player skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills required.
Full Time Housekeeper
The Housekeeper is responsible for keeping the community clean and safe for residents, staff and visitors, as well as being responsible for cleaning resident apartments
- Communicates effectively with supervisor
- Follows standards and practices for the use of specific chemicals and is familiar with emergency procedures if chemicals are misused
- Thoroughly cleans all assigned resident apartments as scheduled by supervisor
- Cleans bathrooms completely: swabs toilet bowl, cleanses sinks and bathtubs, wipes counter-tops, cleans mirrors, and sterilizes floors
- Vacuums all exposed areas completely, including edges
- Empties and rinses (if necessary) wastebaskets
- Cleans kitchen area completely: wipes counters and under objects, mops kitchen floor
- Washes inside of windows as needed
- Monitor tray services.
- Dusts flat surfaces that are uncluttered and demonstrates care of residents’ belongings
- Cleans all common areas according to standards and practices including elevators, halls, landings, stairs, resident activity areas, lobbies, and model units and cleans other flat surfaces as scheduled or requested by supervisor
- Checks and touches up vacant units according to assigned schedule
- Maintains housekeeping carts in a clean and orderly manner
- Maintains the cleanliness of public restrooms
- Represents the community with a positive attitude and pride when interacting with potential residents and families
or mail to:
Cheryl Bacon, Human Resource Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Southgate at Shrewsbury is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.