At Southgate at Shrewsbury, we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
At Southgate, which includes our Hampton Suites assisted living division, we offer all employees a unique set of benefits which includes competitive pay, a match to your 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, a beautiful campus, and a family-like environment.
When working full-time at Southgate, the full list of employee benefits includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Health and Dental insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
Current Job Openings
Southgate at Shrewsbury, is seeking a full time worker for our Housekeeping Team, in our independent living senior community.
Performs daily cleaning functions in assigned area(s) including but not limited to: resident apartment, kitchen, bathroom(s) lobbies and any other assigned area. Must be able to follow established schedule and use proper cleaning procedures.
Prefer experience working in a senior living community.
Must be able to read, write and speak English
Full Time Cafe Cook
The role of the Cafe Cook is to prepare consistent culinary enjoyment for our residents, guests, and employees. Guest satisfaction revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The Cafe Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in all areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up stations according to guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Executive Chef.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, or by Management at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Food Handlers permit required.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Minimum 2 years in Senior Living Community or other like business, preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
Part Time CNA – Hampton Suites
As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you will report all changes in resident’s conditions to the Nurse Supervisor review assignments every day to determine if changes have been made and ensure that all daily hygiene care is provided in privacy to protect residents’ dignity. As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you must be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic. It is also important that you cooperate with your colleagues to maintain strong employee, interdepartmental and public relations as well as superb customer service, as well as a supportive team member who cooperates with all personnel to provide great resident care.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Work well with seniors, showing understanding and patience.
- Answer resident calls as quickly as possible including emergency call lights and respond appropriately in a timely fashion
- Log all Southgate Residents emergency calls.
- Note any changes in eating habits.
- Assist residents to dress and undress.
- Help residents with hair and nail care.
- Prepare residents for meals and serve food trays.
- Provide assistance with ADL’s and IADL’s to Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Receive and give report to on-coming and off-going shifts by oral and written log.
- Inform supervisor of changes in a Resident’s condition and needs. Document these observations thoroughly in the Communication Log Book and communicate verbally to the other staff.
- Follow Hampton Suites Self-Administered Medication Management Policy.
- Perform dining room duties and assist resident to and from dining room if needed.
- Assist resident to and from activities if needed.
- Perform light housekeeping duties and maintain a neat and professional environment.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Assist relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Valid CNA license or current certification as a nursing
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and carry such weight at least 25 feet.
- Ability to pass Assisted Living In-service Training and Job Skills Evaluation by a nurse, prior to servicing Hampton Suites Residents.
- Complete and pass Skills Evaluation by a nurse upon hire and every 6 months henceforth.
- Strong team player skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills required.
or mail to:
Cheryl Bacon, Human Resource Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Southgate at Shrewsbury is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.