At Southgate at Shrewsbury, we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
At Southgate, which includes our Hampton Suites assisted living division, we offer all employees a unique set of benefits which includes competitive pay, a match to your 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, a beautiful campus, and a family-like environment.
When working full-time at Southgate, the full list of employee benefits includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Health and Dental insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
Current Job Openings
Full Time and Part Time CNA – Hampton Suites
As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you will report all changes in resident’s conditions to the Nurse Supervisor review assignments every day to determine if changes have been made and ensure that all daily hygiene care is provided in privacy to protect residents’ dignity. As a CNA with Hampton Suites, you must be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic. It is also important that you cooperate with your colleagues to maintain strong employee, interdepartmental and public relations as well as superb customer service, as well as a supportive team member who cooperates with all personnel to provide great resident care.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Work well with seniors, showing understanding and patience.
- Answer resident calls as quickly as possible including emergency call lights and respond appropriately in a timely fashion
- Log all Southgate Residents emergency calls.
- Note any changes in eating habits.
- Assist residents to dress and undress.
- Help residents with hair and nail care.
- Prepare residents for meals and serve food trays.
- Provide assistance with ADL’s and IADL’s to Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Receive and give report to on-coming and off-going shifts by oral and written log.
- Inform supervisor of changes in a Resident’s condition and needs. Document these observations thoroughly in the Communication Log Book and communicate verbally to the other staff.
- Follow Hampton Suites Self-Administered Medication Management Policy.
- Perform dining room duties and assist resident to and from dining room if needed.
- Assist resident to and from activities if needed.
- Perform light housekeeping duties and maintain a neat and professional environment.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Assist relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Valid CNA license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds and carry such weight at least 25 feet.
- Ability to pass Assisted Living In-service Training and Job Skills Evaluation by a nurse, prior to servicing Hampton Suites Residents.
- Complete and pass Skills Evaluation by a nurse upon hire and every 6 months henceforth.
- Strong team player skills.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills required.
Assistant Food Service Director
As an Assistant Food Service Director, you will be responsible for providing quality dining experience by overseeing dining room staff and maintaining a pleasant and clean dining environment. You will also provide direct supervision of at least two or more full time associates.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Supervises daily operations of dining room, café, room service, and convenience store.
- Assigns wait staff to designated sections and all staff to appropriate side work. Inspects work to ensure proper completion.
- Ensures room service orders are delivered timely and properly.
- Ensures smooth and timely opening and closing of the dining room/Cafe.
- Ensures an adequate number of employees for each shift and ensures absences are covered.
- Oversees resident billing of food services charges.
- Assists in producing weekly schedules with budgetary guidelines for staff.
- Opens Café at the correct time and greet residents as they come in.
- Leads the training of all new dining room staff and conducts required on-going training sessions.
- Provides supervision for special events. (i.e. monthly Men’s and Women’s Breakfasts, memorial services)
- May assist service staff during mealtime as needed.
- May assist in greeting and seating residents and guests.
- In consultation with the Food Service Director, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental associates in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains the resident request and forwards these requests to the Chef and/or Food Service Director.
- Participate in and attend in-service programs, meetings, workshops, etc., as assigned.
- Have a positive attitude. Be approachable and responsive both in person and on the telephone. Support and adhere to the policies, procedures, and rules of facility. Be flexible in work schedule to meet department needs. Meet attendance standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assistant Service Director reports directly to Food Service Director.
or mail to:
Cheryl Bacon, Human Resource Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Southgate at Shrewsbury is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.