At Southgate at Shrewsbury, we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our residents. They are not only our customers; they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
At Southgate, which includes our Hampton Suites assisted living division, we offer all employees a unique set of benefits which includes competitive pay, a match to your 401(k), tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, a beautiful campus, and a family-like environment.
When working full-time at Southgate, the full list of employee benefits includes:
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Health and Dental insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
Current Job Openings
Wait Staff/Server – Part time/Full time, Flexible Schedule – Student-friendly atmosphere!
Southgate is seeking part-time and full time wait staff, to work 6am – 2:30pm breakfast and lunch. We offer a flexible work schedule, short and long shifts to help you balance your school, extracurricular activities, childcare and/or family care.
Unlike the pressure of working in some restaurants, our waitstaff serve leisurely meals to Residents and their guests while providing friendly customer service. Whether or not you are an experienced Server, Southgate will provide you with all you need for training and support. Come join our team!
- Set tables
- Greet residents and their guests in a courteous and helpful manner
- Present menus and answer questions about menu items
- Take orders and deliver meals
- Bus and re-set tables
- Restock items
- Light cleaning responsibilities
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Some holidays and weekends required.
CNA and/or HHA
Southgate at Shrewsbury is looking to add to our team! We are looking for CNA’s and/or HHA for PT or Full-Time opening for 7a to 3p or 3p to 11p. We are located on a beautiful 30-acre campus in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.
We are minutes from Route 9, and 190 as well as located on the bus route and close to 495.
As a CNA or HHA with Hampton Suites, you will report all changes in resident’s conditions to the Nurse Supervisor review assignments every day to determine if changes have been made and ensure that all daily hygiene care is provided in privacy to protect residents’ dignity. As a CNA or HHA with Hampton Suites, you must be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Work well with seniors, showing understanding and patience.
- Answer resident calls as quickly as possible including emergency call lights and respond appropriately in a timely fashion
- Log all Southgate Residents emergency calls
- Prepare residents for meals and serve food trays. Note any changes in eating habits.
- Provide assistance with ADL’s and IADL’s to Residents in a professional and efficient manner.
- Inform supervisor of changes in a Resident’s condition and needs. Document these observations thoroughly in the Communication Logbook.
- Follow Hampton Suites Self-Administered Medication Management Policy.
- Perform dining room duties and assist resident to and from dining room if needed.
- Assist resident to and from activities if needed.
- Perform light housekeeping duties and maintain a neat and professional environment.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting, and using equipment. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Assist relatives, visitors, and guests as needed.
- Valid CNA license or current certification as an HHA
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Strong team player skills.
or mail to:
Cheryl Bacon, Human Resource Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Southgate at Shrewsbury is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.